James F Kidd & Son Ltd is a professional and environmentally conscious company operating in the food service sector that acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. We are committed to sourcing and providing sustainable and environmental solutions.
James Kidd fully commits to:
- protect the environment with a clear understanding of the business context
- determine legal compliance obligations and ensure operations are completed in accordance with them and evaluate fulfilment of the compliance obligations
- continually improve the environmental management system to enhance environmental performance through objectives and targets, and qualify during Management Review.
- implement and maintain an environmental management system that is in compliance with ISO 14001: 2015
- correct non-conformities in a timely manner
- allocate suitable and sufficient resources which enable the company to achieve its environmental aims and objectives
- prevent pollution, reduce waste and ensure that, wherever practical, measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna
- consider the effects that our operations may have on the local community
- take action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts resulting from our packaging and product supply
- promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by the implementation of operational processes and procedures
- complete internal audits and following a path of continuous improvement
- ensure that directors and management are fully engaged in the management of environmental issues
- seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner
- ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting
- assess and, where practicable to do so, reduce the environmental impact of the company’s products and services.